Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dinner + a movie

Fruitvale Station

 

Today my family decided to take in dinner and a movie. My mom had been talking about seeing the new movie Fruitvale Station, so we decided to give it a try. While the movie was good and thought-provoking, it's ending was rather sad. But perhaps that's what made the movie so good? It's brutal honesty and depiction of a true-life event did not give way to a happy ending, but rather the harsh and sad reality. Afterwards, we decided to eat at our favorite Japanese restaurant, Toki. 

I chose to wear one of my more recent purchases. The dress was one item I found during my bargain-hunting spree. I chose to add a black belt to add a bit more structure/waist-definition to the look. To compliment the red in the dress, I added a red, coral necklace. To finish off the look, I slipped on a pair of simple, black sandals. 

Dress: Marshall's 
Necklace: Pink & Blue 

No comments:

Post a Comment