Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bargain shopping {+ a few splurges}




We've all been there. You look in your closet (often overflowing with clothes). From left to right and top to bottom, you look at every item you own and come to the conclusion(s): I have nothing to wear/I hate everything I own. Well this certainly sums up how I have been feeling lately about my wardrobe. Getting dressed would take sooo long because I felt like hardly any of my clothes were "up to par." Finally fed up with going through the same motions with the same negative conclusions, I decided to do something about it. Today I decided to go shopping and re-vamp my closet. Because of my need to get several pieces of clothing on a relatively tight budget, I opted to try my luck at a few bargain stores. I went to TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and even Ross in search of new items to add to my closet. Usually, I don't shop at these type of stores because I found it so time consuming and the stores often felt disorganized. However, I actually enjoyed myself! I didn't mind looking from rack to rack and was able to find several pieces that I love and for great prices.

Afterwards, I remembered I was low on makeup and decided to head over to the mall to pick up my favorite MAC compact foundation (here). While there, I couldn't resist stopping by Forever 21 and bought a couple items. Also, my mall recently opened a Charming Charlie store. If you are unaware, it is a color-coordinated store filled with wonderful accessories and cute clothing items. I saw a couple of dresses that I couldn't resist purchasing and even a couple of jewelry pieces.

In total I got: 3 shirts, 5 dresses, 2 skirts, 1 blazer, 1 necklace, & 1 set of bracelets. A great day shopping indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment