Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day


 


I wanted to start this post with a sweet quote or poem about fathers, but couldn't find one good enough to summarize my dad. He is the greatest man I have ever known and there is no way I would be the woman I am today without him. His hard work, determination, and selflessness has made it possible for my family to have everything we need and then some. It was just a couple of years ago I found myself talking to a group of friends. It was just days before father's day and we were all commenting on our own fathers. Talking to them and listening to the negative experiences of their fathers made me realize just how truly blessed I am to have a dad like mine. Whenever I have felt down or discouraged, he has always pushed me to stand up and follow my dreams. I have no idea what the future has in store for me, but I am grateful for the dad I have to remind me that there is a future and it is as bright as ever.     

No comments:

Post a Comment